Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gone Fishin' By Blake


It was just a normal days fishing. I was starting to get bored trawling on my boat up and down the island. Every once and a while I would have a bag of chips. The sun was scorching hot. It felt like I was melting. I was just sitting there waiting. Waiting for something to happen. Finally after a long wait my dad's line went off! My heart beat rose to 180 beats per minute. It was thrilling. My dad told me to wind my line in so I wound my line so fast that it nearly broke.
When I was winding my line in something grabbed my line and swam off. At that point me and my dad both had a fish on the end of our line. We were in trouble because if we both had a fish on our lines they were going to get tangled or get into the sea weed. But my dad's one got off. I was kinda relieved because my dad can steer the boat away from the seaweed.

Now it was time for me to wind the fish in. I started to lean back with all my weight but it was still pulling me forward. It seemed like it was 60 pounds. It was harder than I expected. 10 minutes in to the battle I was starting to think if I was ever going to get it in.

20 minutes in to the battle my legs were shaking like a chicken but I wasn't giving up. When I was still leaning back we saw colour in the water. That just gave me an extra boost of confidence. Finally the fish was beside the boat. My dad got the gaff and struck at the fish but ripped a hole in the side of it and the fish darted off again.
















I got it up for the second time. My dad struck again but missed. He quickly struck again but that time he got him. He heaved the fish on to the boat. was so relieved. When I got back and weighed it was 25 lb! Wow! That's huge!
And that's how I caught my first king fish.

8 comments:

Craig Steed said...

Brilliant, what a catch!

Katelene123 said...

Great catch!

Unknown said...

Awesom Blake - I really felt like I was there with you!!

mick said...

WOW!!! you caught a kingfish, all I can catch is a fish the size of my finger!!!

Courtney said...

this is a great story and i hope that i go fishing one day and you have just given me the confidence to go fishing.

Blake said...

thanks courtney iI hope you catch some thing

Anonymous said...

great catch Blake


Neha

blake said...

thank you every one who left a comment